Workshop in Surabaya
Restored Mangrove Ecosystem Workshop has been held in Institute Technology of Sepuluh Nopember Surabaya (ITS) on 24th February 2020 from 9am to 4.30 pm, by using Mangrove Wonorejo Surabaya (MWS) as a model of conservation management practices in Surabaya city. This workshop held to facilitated all the stakeholder that involved with MWS and also aimed to identify opportunities and challenges that could be faced by the stakeholder of MWS. Therefore, this workshop recognized the possible solutions and actions plans to make a better and sustain management of MWS. This workshop attended by some of lecturer and student from some city in Indonesia such as Surabaya, Tuban and Institute Technology of Bandung, also attended by some of government in Surabaya.
- To provide a platform for the local communities and stakeholders to voice out their opinions and understand each other’s perspective.
- To explore any opportunity or challenges that could be faced by MWS stakeholders.
- To path the way for possible solutions to sustain MWS restoration efforts.
Outcomes from the workshop
- To enhance the mutual understanding between stakeholders’ perspectives.
- To identify opportunities and challenges related to MWS.
- To recognize possible solutions and actions plans to sustain restoration efforts.
- Environment Engineering Department-ITS
- Biology Department-UNIROW
- Biology Department-ITS
- Research Centre of Basic Science-ITS
- Directorate Research and Social Engagement (DRPM)-ITS
- Chemistry Department-ITS
- Institute Technology of Bandung (ITB)
- Bappeda Prov. Jatim (regional planning and development agency in East Java)
- Sunan Ampel University-UINSA
- Fishery and Marine Department in East Java
- Bappeko Surabaya (regional planning and development agency in Surabaya)